Sunday, May 4, 2008

Well We Made It Back From The Big Girls Scout Event



This has been a day to remember for us. This was the Annual Girl Scout Gold Award event and I am very glad that I attended. Usually my wife is the one to go with our daughter to these Girl Scout things, but this one was special, so I went, and am glad I did. There were approximately 250 Girl Scouts from all over the Houston and sourounding areas, all members of the San Jacinto Counsel. Today was to honor and present awards to girls for having been in scouting for 10 years, Seniors and Gold Award reciepents. My girl got her 10 year pin and she is now 16. Each girl who was awarded the Gold worked on their projects from 2 to 4 years, and that is a lot of work. Most of the girls were on A honor roll list and also in the top 10% of their class, smart young ladies. All in all it was a good way to end a weekend. Hopefully mine will finish up her Gold Award project this year. I took some pics, but they didn't come out very well.

Sphere: Related Content