Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Today I am a year older and wiser

Well today I added another year of experience and turned 62. It has been an interisting journey over the past year. I have had the opportunity to add many useful things to my area of expertise to include but not limited to survival skills. With the impact of Ike on my life I found out that man can survive for extended periods of time (in my case 11 days) without all of the things that we take for granted in our daily lives. Things like television, ice, electricity, gas, store bought food, drinking water and many others. I learned that my neighbors are really nice people and are willing to help each other in many ways, such as helping each other clear debrie such as downed trees, patching holes in roofs, and shareing food and good spirit. I now know that this year I will be prepared for any emergency, be it small or major. I have learned to handle greater responsibility in my work place, I have learned that there are many good folks out there in the blogdom. I plan to do all that I can this year to improve on the things that I know and want to know.

Unfortunately on this my birthday, I have Pneumonia. I don't like it, but I am dealing with it. It is not a nice things to be going through, but with the wonder drugs we are given, anything can be fixed. I have been out of work from last Friday, and am still home sick, however I am getting better. This is the first time in over a week, that I have been able to sit down at the computer and do a few things without getting tired out. I hope to return to work in a couple of days. It's hard being home with nothing to do but cough. So to wrap it up. I am looking forward to this this year and I will be sure and get a Pneumonia and flu shot this time around.

Sphere: Related Content