Friday, February 6, 2009

Girl to cops: 'Mom cooks me in the oven like a turkey'

I can't even think of anything to say about this. This women shold be put to death before she kills one of her kids. No mercy terminate with extreme prejudice. (Just my humble opinion)



HAMTRAMCK, Mich. — After telling police that "Mom cooks me in the oven like a turkey," a 4-year-old Hamtramck girl and her four siblings are in foster care and their mother is facing years in prison on torture charges.

Reyna Valentino, 40, was arraigned Thursday in 31st District Court in Hamtramck on two counts of torture and two counts of child abuse. Bond was set at $1 million. Her next hearing is set for Feb. 12.

Police said Valentino went to a neighbor's house after burning the girl in the oven at 3:30 p.m. Jan. 23, begging the neighbor to call police.

"It's really sad," said Mamun Roshid , 16, whose family lives in the house where Valentino knocked.

Hamtramck police detective Ben Bielecki said Valentino asked police in her 911 call to come get her.

"She said, 'I'm going to hurt my family,'" Bielecki said . "When our guys got there, it was pretty bad."

While the father had gone to pick the two boys up from school, Valentino used a heated nail or a screwdriver to burn the 4-year-old girl's lower eyelid, police said . Then she put the girl in the turned-on oven, creating sear lines on her back .

"She said that her heart's hurt and broke," the 4-year-old told police, according to Bielecki. The girl also said: "Mommy doesn't love me anymore. Mama's going to hurt me again. She hurts me with a nail and cooks me in the oven like a turkey. "

Another daughter told investigators her mother once hit her with a crowbar. All five children are in foster care and doing fine, Bielecki said. Valentino was immediately taken to Detroit Receiving Hospital for evaluation after her arrest.

Sphere: Related Content