Thursday, July 23, 2009

Robber gets a ‘knuckle sandwich’ at Houston Subway




I watched this on the news here last night and this women did a number on this dude.

By Jeff McShan / 11 News

HOUSTON – Police say a man walked into the Subway sandwich shop on West Little York and tried to rob it. But instead of getting the cash, the woman behind the counter served him a "knuckle sandwich."

Video: Attempted Robbery

Robber gets a ‘knuckle sandwich’ at Houston Subway
july 22, 2009 View larger E-mail Clip More Video “When the register opened, he lunged over and grabbed it. My initial response was to hit him. So I hit him,” Subway employee Yava Matthews said.

Police say Tracy Armstead, 29, attempted to rob the sandwich shop on Monday night. When Matthews hit him, he fell back into the wall, but he still had the cash drawer in his hands.

“When he proceeded to run towards the front door, I jumped over the counter and then jumped on him,” Matthews said.

She says they ended up outside, but the fight was not over.

“We were out here tussling, tussling and tussling. A lot of people were standing around and I told them to give me something. Somebody brought me some handcuffs, so I got him and I handcuffed him,” Matthews said.

Then someone handed her a Taser.

“I got the Taser in my hand and I am Tasing him and he says, ‘I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe.’ I said, ‘If you can talk to me, you can breathe. So be quiet before I Taser you again,’” Matthews said.

She says that Armstead, who is 5 feet 11 inches tall and weighs 235 pounds, began to cry.

Seconds later, the police arrived.

“There were about 15 police cars and I was so excited to see them. When they came, they told me that I could get up now, and I said, ‘Are you sure? Are you positive about that?’” said Matthews.

Police are calling her a hero, but her customers are calling her Rambo.

Sphere: Related Content