Friday, January 23, 2009

Man convicted of strangling stepmother executed

If your are going to be stupid and kill someone, you better think twice before doing it in Texas.

HUNTSVILLE — A convicted rapist and suspected serial killer was executed Thursday evening for strangling and robbing his stepmother in Fort Worth more than eight years ago.

Asked by the warden if he would like to make a statement, Reginald Perkins responded, “I already made my statement. Appreciate it. Love y’all.”

About an hour before he was executed, Perkins had summoned a prison official to his cell and gave him a statement professing his innocence.

“They didn’t link me to nothing. I did not kill my stepmom,” he said. “I loved her. Texas is going to kill an innocent man.”

On the other deaths, Perkins said, “There’s other suspects they questioned besides me. They let them go. I don’t know what they’re talking about. I can’t tell you who killed them. I ain’t killed nobody. I’ve never killed.”

As the drugs were being administered, he said, “I can feel it going in.” Just before the drugs took effect, he looked at the sister of his victim and told her he loved her.

He was pronounced dead at 6:24 p.m., eight minutes after the lethal drugs began to flow.

For Full article got HERE

Sphere: Related Content