Friday, September 19, 2008

Well Ike Kicked Our Ass

This is the first time I have been able to get online due to IKE. I am at work and we are running on generator and have partial Internet, with ATT card only. We had very severe damage in my area. I had two trees fall in my back yard, and take out one side on my fence. There are many houses with trees on their homes and very large holes in their roof. We still don't have electric power. Today is 7 days without it. We are kind of getting use to it now, but will be gald to have lights again. Lines for gas were miles long, so waiting 2-3 hours was the norm. We have not had any meat for 6 days, but the stores are now starting to open up with generators, but stil can't get anything that requires refridgeeration. Been living on noodles and snacks for a while. Lucky I have a two burner Coleman stove, best purchase I ever made. I have pictures of my area to post after we get power back, and the way it looks, we at least in my area of Kingwood may not get it untill next week. You never know. We are very lucky it could have been a lot worse.

Sphere: Related Content